New Year, New Knowledge!
To kickoff 2020, here are 10 things you might not have known about Texas Creative.
1. We’re turning 35.
We were founded by our current President, Brian Eickhoff, in 1985 as a graphic design studio. Over the years, Brian has touched many brands throughout Texas and beyond. For some of his proudest, give us a call to schedule a visit – we’ll gladly walk you through our “walls of fame.”
2. We’re a full-service marketing and advertising firm.
While our DNA is rooted in graphic design, we now have the capabilities and experienced staff to provide creative solutions to business challenges like search engine optimization (SEO), search engine marketing (SEM), email campaigns, nurture flows, user experience (UX) design, user interface (UI) design, strategic planning, social media and online brand management, websites, ecommerce, brand identity, advertising campaigns and more.
3. We have 30 full-time employees all under one roof.
Everything from graphic and production artists to media planners and buyers, digital and social media specialists to web developers and brand strategists. Having specialized talent allows us to provide depth to our clients’ in-house teams, or bring a breadth of offerings at a fraction of the cost of hiring their own staff, or simply helping organizations avoid turnover by acting as their marketing continuity.
4. We’re a Women-owned small business enterprise (SWBE) and Texas Historically Underutilized Business (HUB). These allow us to help many State Agencies with their contracting requirements.
5. We have other important certifications to validate our expertise and qualifications. You can read more about our General Services Administration contract (GSA), Texas Multiple Award Schedule (TXMAS) and Texas Department of Information Resources certification (DIR) on our website here.
6. Our web team members are contributors to the Drupal content management system (CMS) community. Combined, they have over 50 years of coding as a profession. We often see a stronger value for our clients to build sites in Drupal, however we make our CMS recommendations based on each unique business challenge or web need. We have many sites we manage and maintain in WordPress, ExpressionEngine, Squarespace and our own proprietary platform: Buku Websites.
7. Slack channels are our preferred method of internal communication. With Gifs being our preferred language. If you aren’t familiar with Slack, it is a great tool to help manage the overwhelming emails some office environments create.
8. Texas Creative is a melting pot of interests and ideas. We love what we do so much so that it translates into our hobbies and interests outside of the office. Collectively, we are a tribe of leatherworkers, photographers, podcasters, home renovators, travelers, musicians, dancers, nonprofit starters, board members, political advocates, animal lovers, parents and grandparents…and the list goes on and on. Ultimately, we are humans. We work great with computers, but we bring humanity, empathy and understanding to the products and services we promote.
9. We are consistently recognized as a leading agency in our market. The recent San Antonio Business Journal’s Book of Lists publication shows our rankings in categories like largest graphic design company, largest social media marketing firm, largest woman-owned business and largest website design and development company. You can see more of our recognition and awards listed on our website here.
10. We follow three performance pillars in all we do. They are in essence our not-so-secret sauce; a winning combination and our promise to our clients:
- We lead with strategy,
- elevate through design,
- and implement via deep technical expertise.
Cheers to the dawn of a new decade! We hope you’ve learned something new about Texas Creative. Leave a comment and let us know what you found surprising or interesting.